Ben Ramsey provides a solid foundation of experience in all family law matters. For sixteen years, Ben has helped numerous clients through the painful experience of dissolution and child custody arrangements. Being involved in any kind of litigation is enormously stressful for the parties, but family law issues can be among the very most emotional to resolve. Ben offers calm, sound advice for his clients, always laying out effective and economical litigation plans to achieve efficient resolution. When you meet Ben, you will note that he has a calm and patient demeanor. Be assured, however, that Ben knows when it is necessary to be aggressive and does so thoughtfully, producing positive results.
|State Bar Number:||206629|
|Phone (Sacramento Office):||916-604-9780|
|Phone (Susanville Office):||530-250-3175|
|Contact Mr. Ramsey:|
Jump to Ben Ramsey’s Professional Experience
Ben also has specialized experience in juvenile dependency matters, representing children who have been removed from their parents by child protective services. Further, Ben has been appointed by the court to represent children in guardianship cases stemming from family law matters. Ben carries an insightful perspective of the effect of litigation on children of divorcing parents and will always make their welfare the prime consideration between parents in conflict.
Ben’s background includes criminal defense work, dating back to his time as a supervising research assistant in the Sacramento Public Defender’s Office. His experience in DUI and domestic violence cases informs his approach to family law matters that too often involve these types of issues as they relate to custody and protective orders. Ben is well versed in the many different circumstances that tend to enter and impact the process of dissolution; he has encountered just about every facet of family law over the past sixteen years.
The last thing people who are going through the pain of divorce or separation need is an attorney who inflames emotions and unnecessarily extends court fights, thereby increasing costs and financial pressure. Ben believes that the toughest challenge on any dissolution matter is determining a strategy that is most consistent with the reality of the economic issues in dispute; this requires weighing the objectives against the costs of litigation. You can always count on this candor from Ramsey Legal Services.
Client representation in family law and criminal matters in the following counties: Sacramento, Placer, Amador, Calaveras, Alameda, Orange, El Dorado, Tehama, Butte, Yuba, Yolo, Solano, San Joaquin, Nevada County, Contra Costa, Lassen, and Plumas.
- Ramsey Legal Services 2011 – present
- Law Offices of Paul Brimberry 2006 – 2011
- Ramsey & Ramsey 2000 – 2006
Since 2006, Ben has focused solely on family law. There are very few family law challenges that Ben has not encountered sometime over the past nineteen years. Whether your case involves a complex financial matter or a highly contested custody matter, Ben has probably handled cases similar to yours multiple times. Ben also has extensive experience representing minors in juvenile dependency, family law and guardianship matters.
Below are common issues that Ben has had a vast amount of experience with during his career.
- Complex custody matters that involve allegations of parental alienation, mental health issues, alcohol and substance abuse, minors with alcohol and substance abuse problems and/or mental health problems.
- Custody matters involving domestic violence
- Family Code § 3111 Custody Evaluations and Evidence Code §730 Custody Evaluations.
- Division of federal, state and private retirement programs.
- Claims regarding separate property and reimbursements
- Complex claims for reimbursement and credits under the Family Code
- Disposition of real property both with equity and without, timeshare calculation
- Valuation of community and separate property businesses including businesses that have limited value.
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims where one spouse has attempted to obtain an advantage through fraud.
CHILD AND SPOUSAL SUPPORT
- Determination of Spousal Support pursuant to Family Code § 4320
- Determination of Paternity involving genetic testing and multiple provisions of the Family code.
- Under or over-reported self-employed income
- Underemployment allegations against spouse or parent.
- Government action initiated by the Department of Child Support Services in multiple counties.
President, Lassen County Bar Association 2016-2017
Member, Family Law Section of the Lassen County Bar Association
Member, Family Law Section of the Sacramento County Bar Association
University of California, Davis, B.A. History with a minor in English, 1993
Lincoln Law School of Sacramento, Juris Doctor, 1998
Admitted to California State Bar, 2000